The goal of EFT is to heal emotional problems.
The theory behind this technique is that old emotional wounds are stored in the body/mind as blocked energetic patterns. EFT is acupressure for the emotions. Stimulating specific energy points by gentle tapping or holding releases the block, allowing our body/mind system to process the troubling problem. As the energy is brought into balance, thoughts about upsetting circumstances change and negative emotions diminish. This process takes place on a bioelectromagnetic level throughout our being.
EFT is a self-healing approach based on the understanding that the body and mind are inextricably intertwined. Tune in to a problem while gently tapping eight energy points to balance the energy. This 5-step procedure allows healing to take place.
Five Easy Steps
Choose a problem.
- Tune in and rate the intensity of your negative feeling from 0-10 with 10 being the most intense.
- State this Affirmation three times while tapping the Karate Chop spot or rubbing the Tender spot (see the chart of Tapping Points below): “Even though I have this problem, I completely accept myself.”
- Tap the remaining energy points (eyebrow, side of eye, under eye, under nose, under lip, under collarbone, under arm) as you speak a reminder word or phrase such as: “this problem”, “my anger/fear/guilt”, or “releasing this problem.”
- Take a deep breath. Take stock. What is your rating now? Notice any new thoughts or memories and practice Step 4 on each one until it is neutralized.
- Return to the original problem and repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you reach zero or the problem is resolved. Zero means that you no longer feel any negative charge.
Image designed by Laurence Brockway
Disclaimer: Although EFT has produced remarkable results, it must still be considered an experimental method. Practitioners and the public must take complete responsibility for their use of it and shall not hold Gloria Arenson or anyone associated with EFT responsible for any adverse side effects or outcomes.